If I didn’t believe that God had a definite plan for my life, I could call my life a random series of events. When looking at the places I have been, things I have done, and jobs I have held – there does not seem to be any logical sequence.
In the past 50 plus years, here are some of the things that have happened (not in any specific order of occurrence or importance – some things may have been left out to keep the list shorter):
- graduated from Glen Oaks High School (Baton Rouge, La) – 1975
- attended Louisiana College in Pineville, LA
- Worked with Child Evangelism Fellowship
- In charge of bus ministry and children’s church at age 17
- Spent 7 years in Army Intelligence
- Lived in Korea, Okinawa, and Colorado Springs
- Worked as a Correctional Officer in Missouri
- Was a “teaching parent” in a Kansas group home with my wife
- Worked as a department store photographer
- Washed out selling books
- Was an insurance agent
- Involved in Royal Rangers for over 15 years
- Involved in children’s ministry for over 30 years
- Done scuba diving
- Rode horses
- Written devotion and balloon books
- Taught storytelling, ballooning, and other subjects
- Currently living in Belton, MO and working as a computer support person for a major health system – still involved in children’s ministry
And there is more but I won’t take the time to list it here. ReallyRandomSite.com is dedicated to sharing some of the things I have done and knowledge I have acquired. This site contains many of my writings as well as some stuff that has been done by my kids.
Though the majority of information here is church related, this is NOT just a church related site! There will be things here that I hope those not involved in the church will enjoy.
Have fun on the site and come back often…